Friday, July 11, 2014

The Neverending Uses of Coconut Oil!


You've probably heard TONS of amazing things about Coconut Oil (my friends and family have heard my spiel a dozen times!) BUT, like many, you probably haven't been drawn into the hype of it. Well let me help you fix that! Coconut Oil is a miracle. No really. I don't even know where it comes from (Lies, of course) !

I buy my Coconut Oil at Costco in a two pack of 42 fl oz (Its Huge) for $20 to $30... I can't remember (Cuz honestly I don't care how much it costs lol) Newbies might want to start at a smaller size.

WHY IT'S SO AMAZING: I have yet to discover a product like Coconut Oil that can be used on your body, that is both safe to eat & safe on open wounds AND improves the way you look and feel.

I have compiled my top 12 favorite uses! I am completely obsessed with it and will never stop finding ways to use it further... here ya go:

#12) Mouth Wash: YES! Kills bacteria in your mouth for a fresher breath

#11) Bath Soak: Melt 1 cup or as preferred and add to a hot bath... Relaxation time.

#10) Body Scrub: Combine with a tsp of Baking Soda and Voila! makes your skin so soft!

#9) Make-Up Remover: put a small amount on a cotton ball and you have a gentle makeup remover that takes off even the toughest water-proof mascara! Just rinse with warm water for more ease of removal.

#8) Healing Agent: Apply to minor scrapes and cuts for protection against dust, bacteria and viruses

#7) Lip Balm: Apply to Lips for silky smoothness BONUS! It's safe to eat!

#6) Kitchen Must-Have: Replaces butter (1 to 1 Ratio) and oil! and can be used as a pan greaser (Won't Burn do to it's high smoke and boiling point!) Great for Popcorn and Gluten Free Recipes.

#5) Split-End Hair Treatment: For ALL ladies (and some Gents). Rub a small amount in your hands and work through hair to spruce up the dead ends. WARNING a little goes a long way.

#4) Leave-In Conditioner: Apply a small (don't use too much) amount to your hands and massage into bottom half of Towel Dried hair. Dry hair as usual.

#3) Overnight Conditioner: Massage palm-ful into hair to leave over night and wash out with hot water in the morning. You can also apply a more generous amount and rinse out after 20 minutes up to a couple of hours.

#2) Smooth and Shine Up Hair: Either before or after your styling, add a bit of shine to your hair by gently massaging the tiniest amount to your dry hair. Be careful not to add to much, it can look greasy.

and my All-Time Favorite use:
#1) Your New Favorite Moisturizer: I apply it to my entire body right after I shower so I'm nice and clean! I also like to apply it to my face just before my makeup. You smell great, you're skin feels smoother, it's great for all skin types AND it provides natural UV protection (Disclaimer: The actual SPF is still up for debate so make sure to protect against UV rays accordingly)

Helpful? Let me know what your favorite uses are! I would love to hear new ones or your thoughts on the ones I've shared!

Post again soon XO's,
Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment